Most Frequently Asked Questions about the Phoenix Fan Fusion 2020 Postponement
- What do I need to do if I already bought my pass for 2020 and I want to come in 2021?
- You don’t need to do anything. We will take care of all the details. Your pass will be automatically transferred to 2021.
- What about the Buddy Pass I got? Is that still good?
- Yes! We will honor all Buddy Passes on Friday, May 28. When you come to redemption to get your full event pass, your redemption specialist will offer you your Buddy Pass.
- If you transfer your membership to a friend or to our 2022 show, your Buddy Pass will be transferred with it. Buddy Passes can only be redeemed with the Full Event or VIP pass it came with.
- What if I can’t come in 2021?
- No problem! You can easily transfer your membership from 2022, transfer your pass to a friend, or donate it to one our non-profit partners. Please email email@example.com for more information,
- What if I don’t know yet if I can come in 2021?
- We encourage you to take your time with this decision. No one knows what the next few months will look like. The good news is, we will leave the transfer option available through August 31, 2020. You don’t have to decide anything yet.
- What if I can’t come next May and I don’t have anyone to transfer my pass to?
- We understand that this change may not work for everyone. If you still have concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can address your concerns quickly and confidently.
- Why is Fan Fusion only three days when it used to be four?
- Right now it is a matter of space available at the convention center. With all events from March 2020 through this fall needing to be rescheduled into 2021 and 2022, we weren’t able to keep the same dates. While we have loved hosting the preview night for many years, we would rather hold a shorter event than none at all.
Stuff You Absolutely Have To Know About Phoenix Fan Fusion
- You need a badge to attend Phoenix Fan Fusion.
A Membership is a Pass to the event. If you want to go to panels, the exhibitor hall, or anything at Phoenix Fan Fusion you must have a Membership credential and it must be visible at all times.
- You can get autographs, photo ops, and attend celebrity panels at Phoenix Fan Fusion, but nothing is guaranteed.
Autographs will be available for purchase on the website in mid- to late-August. Some celebrity guest choose to handle their own autograph sales and will only be available for purchase on-site at the guest’s table. Photo Ops will be available for purchase at firebirdpix.com also in August.
- Phoenix Fan Fusion is firmly committed to providing a positive experience free of discrimination and bias.
There is absolutely zero tolerance for any form of harassment. Speak out, speak up, and help keep our convention comfortable and fun!
Celebrity Guest Related Questions
Photo Ops and Autographs
How can I meet the celebrity guests scheduled to appear?
- Solo and group photo ops, as well as autographs, will be available for purchase closer to the show. Prices will be listed on each guest’s bio page as guest announcements begin. Photos of celebrities without purchase is not allowed. Most celebrity guests charge a fee for autographs and selfies.
What else do I need to know about purchasing photo ops?
- Prices, schedules, and information about buying physical and digital photo ops can be found on the Firebird Pix website after guest announcements begin.
Does each person in my group have to purchase a photo op?
- No. Up to four people can be in a photo op with the guest(s). The VIP line for photo ops and autographs is limited to one (1) sidekick or child (0-12 years old) per VIP pass holder. All additional persons in the VIP line must have a VIP pass.
When will schedules be posted for photo ops and autographs?
- Photo ops and autographs are released as schedules are finalized with the talent. We usually start posting times and days for photo ops and autographs in April.
Am I guaranteed to get a photo op or autograph?
- Purchasing your membership (which is required to attend and get in to the autograph/photo op area) does not guarantee an autograph, photo op, or attendance at a celebrity panel. Room and line capacity is set by the Fire Marshal and may reach capacity at any time.
- We do everything in our power to ensure everyone who has purchased a photo op receives it. It is a good idea to buy yours early in case they sell out.
- Autograph times depend on guest schedules, but most autograph purchases can be used during any signing time.
- Panel and Programming rooms have a limited number of seats and each attendee must be seated – there is no standing room for programming. Lines happen, but we’re actively working to vastly improve how lines are handled and clearly communicate when something is nearing capacity.
Do all guests charge for autographs? What about authors and comic guests?
- We leave this entirely up to the guests. Some comic book creators and authors do not charge for autographs, though some do ask for donations to various charities. Most, if not all actors have a fee for purchasing autographs or will sell you a photograph, book or other item and then autograph that item for no additional charge. Prices are generally clearly posted at the guest’s table, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Some guests have autograph pre-sales before the show and some only sell on-site. Phoenix Fan Fusion has no control over prices our guests charge. Autograph signing times and guest availability are determined by the guest. Phoenix Fan Fusion strives to publish autograph and photo op schedules at least two weeks prior to the event.
Selfies, Lines and Panels
What about selfies? Can I take my photo with media, comic, and author guests at their table?
- We leave this up to the guest. Most comic book creators typically allow fans to take photos with them at their booths. It is polite and respectful to ask prior to taking a photo. The policy varies for actors. Each guest sets their own policy. They may not allow photos at their tables, they may allow it for a fee, or they may allow it for free. We strive to post their policy at their table when we have the information. It is polite and respectful to ask if it is allowed by the guest prior to taking a photo . Phoenix Fan Fusion also offers professional photo opportunities with many of the actors throughout the convention. These photos are taken by a professional photographer with a formal background, printed on an 8″x10″ glossy print that includes the Phoenix Fan Fusion logo. These photo ops are typically limited and are available for sale online or onsite. Once the sales are live, you can find them on the Firebird Pix website.
How long are the lines to meet a guest for an autograph or photo op?
- The length of a guest’s line varies according to the popularity of a guest. Some guests have exceptionally long lines and it is not unusual to wait for quite some time in that line. Other guests have shorter lines. It is important that you weigh out the value of seeing one guest versus many guests. Phoenix Fan Fusion strives to post the schedule of a guest prior to our event. While most guests will attend two or three days of our schedule, occasionally some are only able to attend one day. It is usually better to attend more than one day to meet all the guests you wish to meet. The time you will have to talk with a guest also varies. Expect to not have more than 2 minutes with a guest and understand some guests may only allow 15-30 seconds. It is a balancing act between managing a guest’s time with trying to have that guest meet as many fans as possible. When necessary, Phoenix Fan Fusion will cap lines.
Can I ask the guests questions during their panel?
- Some guests will let us set up a microphone for Q & A sessions during their panel. Some guests have planned presentations and ask that they not take questions from the audience. If the guest does allow for Q & A, we ask that you stay in line until it’s your turn and ask your question quickly to allow as many fans as possible the opportunity.
Please do not ask the guest for a hug, handshake, or to accept a gift during a panel.
Photo Op Support
Membership Pricing & Info
Do I need to pay to go to Phoenix Fan Fusion?
Yes – to attend Phoenix Fan Fusion, you need to purchase a Membership. This is your pass to the Convention. We have lots of different options whether you want to attend one day or all days of the event. Information on membership prices for 2021 will be updated soon.
Do children get in free?
Children 2 years old and under are free with a paid adult (18+) and must be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times at the event. Limit two children per paid adult.
Can we purchase Phoenix Fan Fusion memberships on-site during the event?
Yes, however, we do recommend purchasing your memberships before the show. The prices increase the closer we get to the event.
How do I pay for a membership?
You can purchase your Membership with a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express on the website OR through our mobile app. Once the event begins, you can purchase memberships on-site. Registration is cashless. We will not accept cash for Memberships.
How do I get my membership?
All memberships that have been purchased will be available at redemption on Opening Day. You will need to bring the QR code that you received in your confirmation email to Redemption on-site to receive your credentials. VIP passes and all passes purchased in the same order will be shipped in May.
What if I didn’t create an account when I purchased my membership?
That’s not a problem! You can still create an account on this page using the email address you provided when you made your original purchase. Your order will be attached to that email address.
I purchased a single day membership, but now I want to attend the entire event. What do I do?
Good news! You can easily upgrade the membership to a full event or VIP pass via your online confirmation page, link to access is in your email confirmation or by logging into your account.
Do you provide professional, press, or media comp passes?
Members of large press should email email@example.com to request press credentials. Applications for media passes and eligibility information are available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Progamming & Panel Information
What are the Phoenix Fan Fusion hours?
The days of Phoenix Fan Fusion 2021 are May 28 (Friday) through May 30 (Sunday). Programming Hours will be announced in the coming months.
When should I get in line for panels?
Some panels are more popular than others. We recommend arriving an hour early for most of the celebrity/media guest panels. All panel rooms have occupancy maximums set by city ordinance and the Fire Marshal. Standing during panels is not allowed. Having a pass to Phoenix Fan Fusion does NOT guarantee access to any panel or event.
Do I need special tickets for any events during Phoenix Fan Fusion?
Generally not. For most of our events, we have no special tickets or additional charges for attendees to participate. A few of our evening events do have additional ticket requirements with an additional fee. All events that requires a special admission or ticket will be advertised as such on our website and in the program guide.
When will the Schedule be final?
We’d love to say the schedule will be 100% complete and accurate a month before the convention, but the reality of scheduling hours of events means that until an event actually happens, we may have to make a change. We work VERY hard to minimize any last minute changes to programming and to make sure everything goes 100% according to plan, but sometimes an event will need to be canceled, moved or changed.
Is there adult programming?
“18+ programming” is indicated on the description for any panel specifically created for adults only. We reserve the right to check IDs at these events and to deny entrance or ask anyone under age to leave a panel that is marked as an 18+ event. Age requirements for events where alcohol is served will be strictly enforced and no one under 18 will be admitted. Valid ID is required for all events where alcohol is served.
Is there kid’s programming?
Absolutely! Phoenix Fan Fusion is a family-friendly event and many of our panels and activities are geared towards young fans. Additionally, we have several rooms dedicated to kid’s programming all day with activities, story-time, Lego building, and more.
There’s something or someone I’d like to see at Phoenix Fan Fusion. Who do I tell?
We love getting ideas and suggestions! Email Eva, our friendly neighborhood guru for all things Phoenix Fan Fusion: email@example.com. Oracle will get your question or suggestion to the right person.
I’d like to volunteer for Phoenix Fan Fusion. How do I go about doing that?
As of December 2016, Square Egg Entertainment uses an entirely paid staff. There are no longer any volunteer positions available, however, we will have crew positions available soon. We encourage you to apply for any position you may be interested in! Keep checking back, as new positions are posted as they become available.